5 thoughts on “Persuasive Presentation

1. Hi, Ryan,

I thought that your presentation was well organized and presented the right information. I would suggest making some of your fonts larger on the slides that you can. Also, I liked how it was brief and business oriented.

Sincerely,
    Whitney

2. Hey Ryan,

Your presentation looks very professional and clean. I liked your use of images they aided in understanding and helped me remember which load balancer was which based off of looks as well as their names. I thought the information was at just the right level not too much that there wouldn’t be anything else to say and not so little that it requires a lot of explanation. I have only two recommendations, the first is to consider changing the font color to something that contrasts the background better so it is easier to see. The second would be to consider a different background color that is not so close to the color of the load balancers or giving those images their own backgrounds. All in all a really solid report.

-Adam Kincaid.

3. Hi Ryan
    Your presentation looks amazing. It is so clean and simple with just the right amount of text and great photos and colors. It looks very professional. I think it is the best one I’ve seen so far. I really have no suggestions on how to make it better, looks great.
    Genna

4. Your Persuasive Presentation surprised me after all the presentation tips that I put up in Writing Circle #4, in the student-to-student forum, and at https://jensens.edublogs.org/2016/05/09/one-point-per-slide-challenge/ that emphasized one point per slide, minimal text, and no data dumping. I’d say yours is more your report moved onto slides rather than a rethinking of your report material in visual terms.

People are supposed to be listening to you, not reading the screen–the screen is one point to hold their focus while you talk.

Here is a successful student example in addition to the above references:

http://jensens.edublogs.org/2016/05/24/new-scrubs-by-meredith-blair-student-example-persuasive-presentation/

You are welcome to edit this down to essentials after reviewing the posted material.

Thanks for your hard work on this project!
    Sandy